Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASE 12.0 client installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITCPhil

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
CA
Hi,
Our tech guys are trying to install ASE 12.0 (it's our standard version, I know it's old) on a virtual server for me (VMWare on a Xeon box) but it will not install. It is being installed along with Symposium Call Center Server client but they are unable to do so.

If installing along with SCCS, it fails saying it will revert to what it was prior to installation (they restore the server from backup at this point) or if they copy the folder to the D: drive (C: is not used for applications), it goes through 3 lines of information (I do not have them) and it fails.

Would anyone here have any input on how to do this installation? It's probably not a very popular installation method but this is the Crystal Enterprise server which needs to use Sybase's ODBC files to connect to Symposium to gather data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back