Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.ascx name is "ambiguous in the namespace"

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn6

Programmer
Nov 2, 2009
GB
In one project I keep getting this happen at random
Code:
Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'emailalerts_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

The site is fine for days then breaks sometimes for hours and sometimes you go for a cuppa come back and refresh the page and it loads fine.

In Visual studio itself this error has on occasion popped up, in the error window, sometimes to stay, sometimes to just disappear after a second.

Nothing seems guaranteed to stop it happening, though cleaning and rebuilding the project seems to be the thing most likely to stop it happening.

I've tried renaming each control individually something ridiculous and renamed the control's ids as well, but to no effect, it still pops up saying "bibbleemailalerts_ascx' is ambiguous.

Has anyone else had this random, intermitent and bizarre message?

I've tried setting batch ="false" like it says and I'll see how it goes
<system.web>
<compilation debug="false" batch="false"></compilation>
</system.web>

Don't understand why this particular project has this problem when none of my others do and they're all from the same template project :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back