Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASCII Extended Symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkConsultant

Programmer
Dec 4, 2007
GB
Hi Everyone,

I am converting an old app from VB6 to .NET and have hit a snag. I need to be able to print (to the screen) the extended ASCII character 192 which looks like a little l and is used as a corner for a box graphic.

I have searched for this for three hours and found a lot of chat about how to do it but I cannot get it to work.

Any ideas?

DarkConsultant

Live long and prosper \\//

192 on my chart is À. You can use chr(192) to display it in a control. But, I gather that's not what you're talking about. What control are you using to build the box?

Hi tcsbiz,

I need the symbol in two places, before a subgroup name in a menu (yeah a bit like explorer) and also in a listbox before the name of the subgroup.

I have copied the symbol from word to show you what it looks like but then tried pasting it into code. This did not work BUT I have pasted the symbol into the My.Settings as a settings and it works great.

I dont know if it will paste into here but if so it is? .

Thanks for all your help mate.

David

DarkConsultant

Live long and prosper \\//

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back