Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASBCE Upgrade Web page timed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

BResource

Programmer
Apr 22, 2008
GB
Hi,

I was doing an upgrade on a SBCE via the web page and it timed out due to inactivity.
Will this cause the upgrade to fail?

I am watching a monitor connected to the SBCE and I can see its rebooted and is sitting at login page.

However when I web browse to it the page doesn't load properly and none of the phones are connected.

Should I just wait or is it fubar?

many thanks!

From memory the ASBCE first needs the upgrade tar and ASC uploaded to it, and from there it should do the rest itself even if your session times out. Maybe give it a bit more time and then try rebooting again or try the upgrade from CLI, it's much more reliable than the WebUI.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for your reply!

I waited and then rebooted it.

Everything looked to be ok however Relay services do not work properly and it looks like TLS isn't working anymore.

I get an error about using a self-signed certificate and when I look at the IPO monitor I get:

TLS:Alert Src=192.168.1.20:5061 Dst=192.168.1.22:42248 Code=48 Level=Fatal

Src is the SBC A1 and Dst is my IPO.

This all worked before I did the upgrade!

When you have done upgrades have you experienced corruption?

I have seen SBCs get corrupted during upgrade when the disk was almost full and the upgrade failed due to this, the appliance was completely screwed though and I had to revert to VM snapshot. Could the TLS errors be due to the minimum TLS version going from 1.0 to 1.2 after the upgrade or something like that?

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back