Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASAP Help PLease Powerpoint Autorun

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester4281

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2002
US
How can I get an powerpoint file to run off a memory stick.

I have tried open = filename.pps in an autorun file but it will not open anything, and I have powerpoint on the machine. I am using officeXp.

A memory stick is just a portable storage medium, like a diskette or CD, but smaller.

Check this out for how to make an autorun CD, should translate ovewr readily:

Also, this has been tossed around lots of times here at Tek-Tips in this and other forums. You might try an Advanced Search is the link or Anne's suggestions don't pan out for you.

IT runs great on a cd, I had that working from the get go, but some reason the usb memory stick wont autorun and if ou click on the autorun it opens then action window in XP but has no functions avaible (ex. run, open folder)

This is probably not what you want to hear, but at a quick glance, it appears that autorunning a prog/file from a "memory stick" (Sony's trademarked name) or a "pen drive" (referring to similar non-Sony-made USB drives) that you need a piece of supplemental software, usually available from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back