Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA5505 dual-ISP (redundancy) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staticfactory

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2005
CA
I have an ASA5505 to which I would like to add a redundant (backup) ISP link. It is currently a simple inside/outside configuration (no DMZ required).

From what I have been able to find so far, it appears that I will need to upgrade from the base license to the security-plus license in order to use more than 2 active VLANs at a time. If anyone can confirm this claim, or direct me to an alternative solution using a base license, it would be greatly appreciated.

The other issue is that both ISPs assign a dynamic address (one cable, one DSL), and the dual-ISP configurations I have been able to find have all included static (default) routes to the ISP's gateway address. Would the 'ip address DHCP setroute" command in both VLAN configurations achieve the same result in this case?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back