Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA VPN/IPSec with Static/fw and dynamic/home address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrie

MIS
Mar 6, 2009
US
I have an ASA 5505 at home for which I want to configure a VPN to the Cisco ASA 5540 at work. Problem being, I have Comcast as an ISP and my IP is dynamic.

I know I can configure a tunnel and just go in and adjust if the IP happens to change. However, we have a number of other production tunnels on the 5540 that cannot be ill-affected by diddling around with the configuration -- so I need to be sure.

Is there another way to accomplish what I need. Perhaps, I thought, using certificate-based auth, but we're not really set up for that (I think you need a CA etc).

Thanks!

you can use a dynamic crypto-map with the DefaultL2LGroup tunnel group to permit end points with dynamic IP's to connect. this config document gives you an idea of how to get it done (note that part of the config is for an IOS device and the second part is for an ASA so pay attention to the ASA part):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back