Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA software disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
US
I'm using the ASA supervisor software with a Definity switch (C-lan card). I'm getting periodic "black-outs" on the card. During these "black-outs" it will ping but not connect through the ASA software.

Is there any information that you need or advice that anyone can offer?

thanks,

I've had this as well from time to time. What I have seen in the past was my Clan cards were going out of service briefly and also not keeping their administered settings. Do a Get Ether (board loc) and make sure your administered is the same as your actual.
I was seeing them different until Avaya installed a combo patch to stop that known issue.
This is what my Clan boards look like now.

Administered Actual
Auto-Negotiate? n n
Speed 10mbps 10mbps
Duplex Half Half
Link Integrity Active

Also, when that happens try to ping the clan by ip address on a PC or from a SAT terminal if the PC can't hit the Clan normally.

I keep up two ASA sessions (one to each of my Clan boards) as an indicator if anything odd is happening.
[2thumbsup]
-Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back