Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA error - Communications error: network connection failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

learningSkype

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2016
US
does anyone get these failures? sometimes i can't use ASA even after it was open all day and worked earlier in the day. I have to completely reboot my PC to get it working again or switch to Putty, which stinks when trying to use it for anything other than very basic troubleshooting.

If you switch to port 5023 does it work? I've seen similar issues and its always the know_hosts file in ASA. In the ...\Avaya\Site Administration\user folder there is a known_hosts file. Close ASA. Rename the file to known_hosts03012019 or whatever the date is. Then restart ASA. ASA will recreate a new file when you login into CM.

learnigSkype,
What release of ASA? Does it have the new patches? Look up the two below. They should resolve the issues.

Site_Admin_6_00_007_SP14.03
sp57090

Thanks, I'll try the SP14 patch. renaming files seems like a headache. i don't want to have to constantly do that every time ASA is failing.

Code:
Are you using server (procr) IP address or a CLAN board IP address?

server procr IP address can use the following hard coded ports:
22   ssh Linux bash
5022 ssh CM Command:
23   telnet Linux bash
5023 telnet CM Command:
80   http web browser
443  https web browser

SAT CM Command: prompt access only using telnet ports 5000 - 9999 - no web access
different ports can be used for security and are hard to guess.
Command: display ip-services

tn799, tn799B, tn799C are throw away boards when upgraded. tn799DP can upgrade FW to resolve lockups.
These all are susceptible to socket / port lockups. reseat CLAN will fix, using another port for work-around
may work as well.

change ip-services                                              Page   1 of   4

IP SERVICES
 Service     Enabled     Local        Local       Remote      Remote
  Type                   Node         Port        Node        Port
AESVCS        y      clanaes1         8765
SAT           y      clanaes1         5023    any             0
SYS_PRNT             CLAN             0       IP              5111
CDR1                 procr            0       eCas_Dallas     9001
SAT           y      CLAN             5119    any             0

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Mine does this also but I just close ASA and restart it to resolve it. I recently figured out that by setting up a schedule in ASA to run a alarm report every 15 minutes my connection never drops and I can use ASA when I need it.
The only caveat is I have to close the GEDI window after I'm done or the scheduled task can't run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back