Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA and CMS emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

audra87

Programmer
Dec 15, 2005
US
hi, i'm trying to setup CMS emulator on ASA so I can run monthly backups
it's coming up all goofy and won't let me login as root
can someone tell me what i'm doing incorrectly?
thanks

instead of giving login prompt i'm getting SSH-2.0-SUN_SSH_1.1.3

logging in as root is the first thing you are doing incorrect as it wont let you do that , you need to log in as another user first then switch to root . it also needs to be a generic device in ASA , but im pretty sure you would not be getting that far if set up otherwise.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I use ASA to access CMS. in system properties use default emulator of 615. Create a Administrator login for yourself. When asked for Terminal type on login type 615. This will give you the screen and F Keys so you can access root. I use it all the time. Worth a shot

Hope this helps

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

exactly you cant log into cms as root in default settings

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

In order to enable logging into the CMS as ‘root’ remotely in V12 or later systems, edit the /etc/default/login file. Place a ‘#’ before the line that contains ‘CONSOLE=/dev/console’.

You need to use the 'vi' editor to make this change. Login as cms then do su. Then you can edit the file.

Kevin

Hi Everyone, sorry for not getting back to you until now. I do appreciate your input. I ended up removing the information and reloading. I must have done something incorrect when trying to set this up
thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back