Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA 8.0(4) upgrade - standby rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

EWilly

MIS
Dec 12, 2008
US
Hello everyone, I have been experiencing a weird problem with 8.0(4) on our ASA5510 failover set (Active/Standby). I updated to the 8.0(4) code, then rebooted as I normally would for an upgrade. The primary came up with no issue, but the secondary was stuck in a reboot loop, throwing crashdumps each time. I RMA'd the secondary, thinking that we had a problem - we did a physical move and a software upgrade at the same time. When the replacement arrived, it did the same thing! It will synch the configs, then start crashing. I backed out to 7.2(4) and haven't seen this problem since.

I haven't seen anything on Cisco's bug toolkit about this, but I have seen other strange issues when searching the internet about this version. Has anyone else seen this behavior, or any other strange behaviors from that version? I'd like to hear if anyone is using 8.0(4) without issue as well. We need to start running it ASAP for the phone proxy feature that started in that version.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back