Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA 5520 Active/Active failover with TWO ISP in context mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashadif

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2005
CA
Hi,

We currently have TWO ASA 5520 in Active/Standby environment and recently got 2nd ISP link from different ISP.

What we want to achieve is Active/Active Failover and utilizing both ISP links for Inbound and outbound Internet access; i.e. customers accessing our web servers from outside and LAN users going on Internet from inside.

We are also looking for ISP load balancer / Aggregator between ISP router and our Firewall. However, i believe still change on ASA 5520 is required?

Can someone suggest any solution that meets both of our requirement.

i do not think the ASA can be active/active failover. I have done it with secondary VPN tunnel and routes with different costs.

Active/active is possible when running multiple security contexts but I think you going to have an issue load balancing inbound and outbound traffic using multiple ISP's and the ASA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back