Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA 5510 CA Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxnkey

Programmer
Aug 15, 2006
US
I'm upgrading the RAM and flash on an ASA 5510. I will transferring the contents of the old flash to the new flash. I am going to do a copy flash and write to start-config (using a running-config backup that's on the flash card). Will the CA certificate and crypto keys also transfer over?

Yes, they are stored in the running-config. If you copy running-config flash:/somefile.txt then you will have the whole config and the certs.

I never thought of looking at the hidden files. I'll remember that for next time. The startup-config and the license file would have been useful.
I wound up copying the running-config that I stored in the flash to the startup-config.
The CA certs did copy over but did not work. Customer had to work with Cisco to reinstall.
That was good info on that site. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back