Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA 5505 Internet Static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpoynter01

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2010
US
Hi

I'm trying to see if someone could give me an overview of how to setup a block of IP addresses into the ASA 5505 via ASDM. What I am trying to accomplish is I will have one static IP assigned to the outside IP. This I already know how to do and is done. I will have two camera systems connected to a switch connected to the ASA. Both camera systems will be utilizing the same port numbers. The goal is that I have the static IP setup in the ASA so that when I point to the static ip they can be accessed by the software via camera1.mydomain.com and camera2.mydomain.com after I setup the sub-domains in my host provider to point to the static ip.

I know enough to get around the ASA via ASDM so any help would be great.

All you should need to do is give each of the Camera's an IP out of your block and call it good. As the camera's are in the same broadcast domain as the outside interface and the ISP, communication amongst devices will operate just as any other devices connected to an Ethernet segment. Are you using the internal switch on the ASA or a separate one??

ASA has the outside connection and from another port it goes out to the Dell Power Connect switch. Nothing major. I assumed I would be able to put the statics into the cameras like a normal IP just wasn't sure if the firewall would block it? I don't have the systems yet to check this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back