Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS9NW ASJOB Corrupt Unable to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrscanada

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2003
CA
Hi

Got the following error
Jul-28 16:16:44 NLM ASDB : E4205 BrightStor ARCserve database file
ASJOB.DB failed on integrity check, [20].
Jul-28 16:20:29 CSLOADER.NLM : Module SYS:\ARCserve\NLM\ASDB.NLM did not load.

I have tried.
1) Restarting the server and copying the emptydb to the database

2) Reinstalling AS9 NW but go the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

What version of Netware is your Arcserve server, and did you upgrade the version of Btrieve? Is it at 6.15, 7.00 or 7.90?

Hi,

I have similar problem on NW6 SP2 eDir8.6.2 with Brightstor 9.01. When I installed the upgrade brightstor to 9.01: the install program popped up warning: please close arcserve before continu.
I checked, but did not find any arcserve module open.
When I proceed, i got error:

nwmkde vs 7.90, should be 7.94.

I checked out, reinstalled, ... but still got the error. There is no way to upgrade to the 7.94 version. Even tried via Pervasive sp4, to upgrade NWMKDE, didn't install at all.

Afterwards I got problems with asdb corruption and an error E4206: disk is full, with 10 GB FREE space!!! (reminds me of similar problem in arcserve 6!!!)

Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to the correct NWMKDE version without corruption of my server?????? I hope this could solve my problem.

txs a lot!!

Hi Kris,

Did you apply Pervasive SP3? These SPs are not like normal service packs. SP4 does not contain SP3, so in order to get it to 7.94, you must apply SP3 first and then reapply SP4. It does work because I have had success with it.

Lou

OK, I just had the same problem. Solved it doing the following.

On SYS:\SYSTEM there should be a folder called MKDE and within this a folder called LOG.

Basically delete, or if you want to play safe, move the entire MKDE folder so it no longer exists. Now recreate the folder MKDE and then LOG with in it back into sys:\system.

Now restart the server and try again. Worked for me 2 minutes ago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back