Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS9 source priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennhick

MIS
Jan 6, 2004
AU
i have a AS v9.01, update 4a system running on a Win2K sp4 server. backing up to a IBM 3581 LTO autoloader.

the source priority is being ignored totally. this is very frustrating.

any ideas??

thanks in advance

Does the priority show up the way you set it when you select to modify the job and when viewing the details in the queue?

when i modify the job, then click START, the order shown differs from when i select SOURCE PRIORITY from the same screen

ive also tried re-creating the job from scratch, no better

thanks for your reponses too :)

Sounds like the job is not getting packaged with your priority settings.

check the job details in the queue to verify that the job is being setup with the default priority settings.

So then the question becomes why are the source priority settings not getting saved into the job?

Is the local or via remote management?

it is being changed locally on the server.

the job queue shows the incorrect order for the sessions

I don't know. I was not able to come up with anything that prevented the source priority from being saved after I clicked OK, that would not also prevent me from either modifing the job or submitting it.

Try this after clicking ok after making the source priority changes, go right back into source priority to see if the change kept.

DM,

Dating back to Arcserve 6, I have yet to have this work for me. I thought BAB v9 was improved, but looks like we still have some of the same old issues.

aaarrrgh!

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

So, did anyone every come up with a fix for this? I have 8 backup servers, 7 of them work great. All on v9 build 2040. The 8th one ignores the priority. How can I make it work?

I checked CA's knowledgebase and they admit it's a problem, dating back to January 2004, but say they are still addressing it. I know it works, as I have other servers it works on.

Thanks again,
Debi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back