Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS9 PFC: Job queue needs to be fixed ARG!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBvr

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
I have ran ASUTIL 20x and I still get this error on a NW6.5 Dell server. How do I completely remove AS9 to do a clean install? Thank you in advance, I'll slit wrists now...

E21029 server does not have valid job queue or queue user
for product BrightStor ARCserve - [-14]
2 device(s) found on host adapter [BOARD0]
PFC: Job queue needs to be fixed
PFC: Information is saved to file
APPS:\ARCSERVE.9\NLM\PFC.ERR
PFC.NLM reported a critical error. No more modules will
be loaded.

BrightStor Arcserve is Not Using Bindery Emulation checking for existence of BrightStor ARCserve Queue
Checking for existence of BrightStor ARCserve Queue Server
Verifying BrightStor ARCserve Password
failed to login to Directory Services , -631
BrightStor ARCserve installation on this machine failed to pass verification
Please re-install BrightStor ARCserve queue and queue server on this machine

Delete the Q, then delete the Q Server (not together - this is important).

Once that is done, force an NDS schema sync using dstrace

Then, create the Q server, then the Q (Again, not together, one at a time). Run a sync again, verify it, and try to load it again.

Most of the time this occurs is because the addition/deletion of objects hasn't been processed to all replicas.

I don't have my NDS bible handy at the moment and can't remember off the top of my head what a -631 is, but you should be able to get some further explanation of the DS error code on support.novell.com - or whereever they have it these days. I'm assuming here that you have no underlying NDS issues like stuck partition states, stuck obits or other sync errors.

If you want to remove it and try again you can do this through ConsoleOne add/remove programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back