Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS7 Netware Groupwise Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2002
US
Have a Novell 6.0 server running AS7. Trying to connect to a server running GWASTART and cannot connect with IPX or IP, cannot see agent with anything so what good is it? Jeff

Hi,

Arcserver does not support the GWTSA while Backup Exec does and works well.

It's not the TSA that's the problem, It's Arcserve.

Lou

lou thanks for the reply but I'm gonna guess by your reply that you think that I meant the native TSA for groupwise 6? New to groupwise 6.

I meant the gwastart.ncf file that launches the arcserve stuff for groupwise 5.5 Jeff

Don´t worry,
make a update to Brightstor ARcserve 9 f. NW.
AS 9 does support GWTSA, here´s no seperate Backup Agent neccessary anymore. This funcionality is now included.

If you are going to back up a GroupWise NetWare server remotely, then you need to have the Client Agent for NetWare installed on the remote server if you want to backup via IP. If the Client Agent for NetWare is not installed the backup will be done via IPX.
I'm currently using the gwagent on a groupwise server, have had a lot more problems with the agent since upgrading to arcserve7. Arcserve 7 is suppose to work under IP only..it does but not very well from what I've experience.

When you say 'not connecting' do you mean that the manager does not see the server or you can't connect to the agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back