Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS7 for Netware and Manager problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittingduck

Technical User
Apr 5, 2002
NL
We have a NW5.1 server with sp5. We use AS7 Single Server with the latest patches applied. It worked fine for a while.
After a unexpected shutdown of the server we've got a problem with the manager. All the engines of AS are down we I open the manager. I cannot start them.
I did about everything possible. Downed the server,I reinstalled the manager, reinstalled AS on the server, changed IP-port, used a different computer for the manager.
Switched from NT4 to W2K prof. Whatever. It did't work.
At the console of the server i still can create a backup job and it works well.
So i have two questions;
Is someone familiar with this problem, and if so, is there a solution?
Second; When i have to do a restore on the console of a single file, how mustI set the filters, or does someone know where i can find a link to set filters in a restore-job?

Cheers, thanx

Ben

Are you running on an IP-only network? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Do you have a R/W replica of the NDS partition on your backup server where the backup server resides? If not, you need one on an IP-only network (crap I know!). If you do, I would suggest checking that NDS Partition via DSREPAIR to ensure it is ok. -----------------------------------------------------

There is a R/W partion, and through dsrepair the nds is healthy. No errors.
Any more suggestions?
Thanx

Are you running the latest Arcserve Manager version? ASMGR.EXE version 7.0.1251.0 is the one I am running.

This can be downloaded from:

and is contained in QO33421.CAZ -----------------------------------------------------

Yep,
Were are running the latest version.
Arcserve is totally patched.

Hmmm, run ASTOP to stop all Arcserve services and then run ASUTIL. Verify the Queue and Queue server objects are ok, then select the top option to modify the user.

Also, in NetWare Administrator, ensure the Arcserve backup queue object is a Supervisor trustee of the backup queue directory on the server (under SYS:QUEUES).

Restart Arcserve and see if it is any better. -----------------------------------------------------

I've done that already, but it didn't work also.
In the manager all the engine's are stopped.
I just cannot start them. On the server every thing works fine. Making jobs e.d.
It's still a very strange problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back