Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS5300 and SS7

Status
Not open for further replies.

haneo

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have succefully connected our AS5300 with our PSTN, using E1 with R2 signaling.

Now our PSTN want to change the E1 to SS7 signaling. I have no idee how to do that ?!
Any idee or URL is welcome !.

Here how i configured the E1 with R2 signaling :
controller E1 0
framing NO-CRC4
clock source line primary
ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani
cas-custom 0
release-guard-time 500
seizure-ack-time 2
dnis-digits min 10 max 10
ani-digits min 10 max 10
trunk-group pstn

Thanks in advance.

CCNA

Are you a Telco or an end user?

Seems odd they would want you to use SS7 if you are not a Telco. Are you sure they don't mean ISDN signaling (e.g. ISDN PRI or ISDN primary rate?

If you are really talking SS7 I am pretty sure you need a separate signaling trunk for the SS7. With ISDN you use the the signaling time slot for the "D chanel" which is the signaling. This is similar to SS7 but not the same thing.

Newer PBX gear often supports ISDN. SS7 support is much less rare, since it is primary for use on network switches. Older PBXs may suport R2 and not support ISDN since ISDN is a much newer technology.

Encore Networks makes devices that can convert from R2 to ISDN, and they may have something that will suport SS7.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back