Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS5200 help please :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baye

Technical User
May 29, 2002
ZW
I have a client who have currently a Livingston portmaster for his dialin solution. i am not sure how this was setup EXACTLY but what happens is that the portmaster itself does not "handle" the calls as per say. it merely forwards the calls to a software bridge that then handles everything like authentication, accounting etc. a user can be connected and on the portmastrer yes i can see data on an interface, but it doesnt specify that someone is connected on it.on login-service it points to a "logon@port-number". fair and fine, this works.

question is, can i migrate this existing set-up to a cisco as5200 server ?? if so what can i use to make the 5200 itself not handle the calls as per say, but just forward to a machine that will do everything ? anyone ever met a situation like the one i describe above ? please assist !

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back