Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

as400 remote tcp/ip printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeseven

Technical User
Nov 17, 2002
US
Can ne1 help me config my as400 to print to a ip address and port #. The manual that came with the printer doesn't match our menu.

Thanks

How are you creating it? What version of OS/400 are you running? iSeriesCodePoet
IBM iSeries (AS/400) Programmer
[pc2]

Ver 5.0 Rev 1

I am not sure how to create a LU printer I need to print to a IP address at port 5001

We have a LAN attached IBM Infoprint20 with an *IPDS feature installed, here's our config source:

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRT01) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS) MODEL (0) LANATTACH(*IP) AFP(*YES) PORT(5001) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(011 *NONE) FORMFEED(*CONT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) MSGQ(*CTLD) ACTTMR(90) IMGCFG(*IMGC06) MAXPNDRQS(6) PRTCVT(*YES) PRTRQSTMR(*NOMAX) FORMDF(*LIBL/F1C10110) CHRID(*SYSVAL) RMTLOCNAME('172.30.126.37') USRDFNOBJ(*LIBL/PRT120 *PSFCFG) TEXT('IPDS USING PSF400') DEPLOCNAME(*NONE) PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK)

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back