Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

As400 printers ip address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenv

Technical User
Jun 17, 2004
US
How can I get a list of all the printers on the AS400 along with their IPs .

thanks in advance.
verde

Although I haven't access a 400/iseries in a longtime, did you try WRKDEVD print* Ex) if your printers are named PRT01, 2 you could type WRKDEVD PRT*. This will provide you a list and from there you can check their properties.

did i mention i have over 300 printers? to check each device would not be very much fun.
Does any one know the filename or program that holds all the printers device information that maybe i can query it?

thanks.V

You can give this a try,
wrkoutqd output(*outfile)
assuming all the printers have outq's.
Search the result file as needed.

If there is no *outfile option, take the *print option to search the spoolfile or copy the spool file to a database file from there.

HTH

Mike Butler
Iseries Guy -> PC's gone, SUNs gone - WooHoo
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

We're using rtvcfgsrc (Retrieve Config Source). It stores all devices into a source member. I pull that into a webbased database from there. You can get the IP or MAC for every printer that way.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back