Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400: edit source member using external editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddiamond

Programmer
Apr 22, 2005
US
I have a source file QDDSSRC that contains many source members of type TXT (SQL scripts that are to be executed with strsqlstm). Editing them with SEU works, but can be tedious. Is there anyway to transfer a source member to an external Windows editer, and then transfer it back (FTP?). Copy and paste works as long as I'm dealing with one green screen worth of text, but becomes a promblem when I'm dealing with multiple screens. Any suggestions are welcome.

you can always do a straight file transfer,, either by the AS400 client, or by FTP,, but you have to bring the complete file down,, not just bits and pieces,, and when you take it back up,, you also take the whole file,, not just bits and pieces.. I do not know of any program that will just let you bring down specific lines of code.

I finally figured out how to transfer a specific member of a source file between as400 and pc.

Open host

Ascii

get YOURLIB/QDDSSRC.TEXTMBR C:\YOURPATH\TEXTFILE.SQL

Quit

Open host

Ascii

Put C:\YOURPATH\TEXTFILE.SQL YOURLIB/QDDSSRC.TEXTMBR

Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor