Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400 Disconnecting Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billberge

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2003
US
HELP!! Does anyone know why my AS400 would be disconnecting sessions? I have users who are in the middle of something when the seesion is lost.

Any suggestions?

Thanks..........

When you say "in the middle" of somthing,,,, are they activly using the worksession? And how do they connect,, thru client access, via TCP/IP?

There is a system value called QINACTITV which controls the inactive job time-out. Basically if an interactive job as no activity for the set amount of minutes then the action in system value QINACTMSGQ is taken.

We used to use it, set to an hour, but it caused us so many problems with users claiming it had only been a couple of minutes since doing anything, that we stopped using it.

--------------------------------
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

You are correct that was my first guess, but trying to find out, if the users, were actually doing something,,,or the session was just setting on a menu, or had an inquiry up. We have ours set to 2 hours,, and after 2 years,, I still have users, who tell me they were using the session, that is until I ask them what they were doing,, then they cannot answer, which answers the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back