Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400/DB2 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah31

Programmer
Nov 7, 2006
US
I'm working on a AS400/DB2 system. I'm new to IBM DB2, and so far I'm not having very much luck.

What I'm trying to create a query were the results would insert into a table.

I learned that AS400 works with libraries, and I need to show the correct library path.

Questions that I have is, I'm I using the correct code, how do I reference an Access table?

My goal for today is to transfer a field into a table. I'm using access the information by a passthrough query .

INSERT INTO TBLTEST (txtTrailerNumber)

(select SSCPGM.WHPMTLDA.TRLR_ID_NO

from SSCPGM.WHPMTLDA)

A passthrough query is executed as a whole on the 'other' side (in this case AS400)
(which in your case is not usefull)
In your particular case you could try to define an Access make-table query based on the pass-through query.

To avoid having to identify to the AS400 each time you run (or try to design) a passthrough query you can define the complete ODBC connect string in the passthrough query properties.
You can also change the time-out setting (normally defaulted at 60 sec)

Ties Blom

Thank you for you're suggestion. Trying make table now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back