Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400 and Target Truncate command

Status
Not open for further replies.

jisoo23

Programmer
Jan 27, 2004
US
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else knew the answer to this. According to the Informatica Help menu, it says that the Informatica target truncate option is carried out on IBM DB2 and AS400 as a call to "clrpfm". But after observing a couple sessions using the truncate option, it appears that Informatica actually invokes a "Delete * from ...." SQL command instead. Can anyone else confirm this with me?

Thanks,
Glen

Glen,

You are correct, INFA does use the standard delete from...
,which is a logged action and can take quite a lot of time.

As DB2 does not have the truncate table option (like ORACLE and SQL server) you could try a drop and create table script to speed up things.

There is also a workaround that involved reading an empty flatfile to the target, but I can't find the correct statement at the moment (being far from work :) )

Ties Blom
Information analyst

Thanks Ties, I think I figured it out. I utilize a pre-sql using an ALTER TABLE statement which clears out the table quickly without deletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back