Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS/400 DHCP Server & Vendor Specific Option 43?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I have a customer who uses an IBM AS/400 to provide DHCP & DNS Services to his network. We are adding some Ericsson IP Phones and we need to configure Vendor Specific Option 43 to supply the IP Phones with some information they need to boot (Voice VLAN and Software Server IP address). These options are provided in DHCP Vendor Specific Option 43. However there is no Option 43 listed in the DHCP Server Administration Program GUI. It lists all other options but goes 41, 42, 44 with 43 just missing. I assume there is a reason for this but can't it.... It may be that it is configured at a different level.
I noticed in the GUI at the global level there was something like 'IBM Vendor Option' that was set to a HEX value of 41 53 2F 34 30 30 (ASCII AS/400). If this is Option 43 then obviously we have a clash. The IP Phones support Vendor Class Identification so it may be possible to configure this instead to get around the clash but I have no idea where to configure this on the AS/400.

I have had a search on the web and found some stuff but nothing that has helped so far, so any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back