Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arvcserv 9 for Netware client bad login

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid64

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
US
Anyone heard of any issues with Arcserv 9 (Brightstore) for netware and W2k client login issues.I am logging in to a Novell 6 backup server from a W2K machine using the Arcserv9 client manager in windows.I can log into the netware server no problem using CN=admin.o=yadayada, and i can log into the machine with the arcserv manager as well.I can do functions on the tape such as erase,eject, ect..but when i try to submit a backup job i get.
Login failure:bad user name or password.
I try using the same password i use on the netware server with no luck.I can do backups directly from the netware server using the login password, but when i try to do a backup from the client/arcserv9 windows manager i get the login error.Ive tried every combination of password formt i can imagine,,,and no luck,,,,,ANyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back