Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ars help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have a problem that i need some help with. Our operators are having trouble getting through to a international operator.

We use a service that not only saves our patients money on their calls, but we also make a little too. I have tried using TAC (bypassing ARS) and then 00 but got nowhere.

I need to put a work a round in place for this or a DID for the international operator.

Can you guys help??

Thanks Mike.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

How about setting up a vdn for them to call which would route the call through a vector "route to number" step?

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!" Anonymous

The problem is that when you dial 00 it sends that call to the operator assistance program and not to the AT&T international operator. I need a way around it or the direct number. I have have the direct number (other than 00) I can change ars digit conversion to 00 = 1-800-???-????.

Any ideas??

Thomas A. Edison

I tested dialing the AT&T Intn'l 1010288 and it kept failing, giving denial or fast busy. I changed my ars to:

ARS DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE

Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
1010222 20 20 9 hnpa n
10102220 8 8 p27 op n
1010288 20 20 9 fnpa n
10102880 8 8 9 intl n

I test dialed 9 10102880 and got the same results.

In desperation I added another 0 to the dialed digits (9 101028800) and I went directly to the prompt to continue dialing the rest of my number.

Hope this helps you.

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!" Anonymous

Well that is an easy fix. You have to put an entry in your ars for 00.

Who ever dials will have to dial 9 or you will have to do digit conversion to insert the 9 like you would do 911 calls.

Then you need to route this over a switched service trunk, your local providor and have ld on that line. I have this set up and it works fine.

Unless you are asking for something else this works

Thanks for the help with this.

It is still not going to AT&T but at least this gives them something. What i am running into is partitioned routes tables that were setup by a vendor. I am going to play with this a little more today but ARS is not exactly what I am best at.

Thanks again, Mike.

Thomas A. Edison

I was able to get this to work today. In case any of you run into this I will post what it took to resolve it.

Code:
 list ars route-chosen 00# Be sure to include the “#” 

ARS ROUTE CHOSEN REPORT

Location:  1                      Partitioned Group Number:  1

Dialed            Total        Route    Call      Node
      String          Min    Max    Pattern   Type     Number    Location

00                   2     2        p17      iop                  all

This shows ARS to send this to Partition route 17. Display partition 17 show this to route out over route pattern 14.

Code:
 list partition-route-table 17                                          Page   1

PARTITION ROUTING TABLE

Routing Patterns
   Route
   Index    PGN 1  PGN 2  PGN 3  PGN 4  PGN 5  PGN 6  PGN 7  PGN 8
   -----    -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----
   17       14

On route pattern I changed it to 1800callatt or 18002255288. This now sends the 00 calls to AT&T . Option number 4 is the international operator.

Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back