Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS CAN'T DENY 809 AREA CODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

commnorth

Programmer
Oct 28, 2006
US
OLDER DEFINITY CAN NOT SEEM TO BLOCK 809 AREA CODES. I GO TO " CH ARS A 91809 " ; CH ARS A 1809 ; CH ARS A 809 AND HAVE PLACED DEN IN PROPER FEILD, THEN WHEN I DIAL 91809XXXXXXX THE PHONE DISPLAYS ARS ISDN BUT YET THE CALL GOES THRU??? WHY. JIM.

Do 'list ars route 1809xxxxxxx'. The switch should dhow what route the call will take.

Kevin

Check you have the correct number of digits in the MIN and MAX fields. I assume the 9 is your ARS access code and the 1 is for non-local calls. So you might want to block 1809 MIN = 11 MAX = 11, and 809 MIN = 10 MAX = 10. This assumes that the (1)809 is always followed by 7 digits. If it can be followed by 6 or 7 digits then use 1809 MIN = 10 MAX = 11.

NB you do not need to put X's in the matching pattern.

To check the route taken when calling 809 use "list trace station XXXX" to trace the station you are making the test call from.

Hope this helps.

Ronster

Science is the rehab of the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back