Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS Analysis table

Status
Not open for further replies.

huberc

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2001
AU
I am able to add entries to the ARS Digit Analysis Table but I cannot remove existing entries. Definity doc's give no clues as to why this is so. Any advice welcome.
Chris

Example Try change ars ana 0
Then blank out all the fields... this is a template similar to the vector templates that canot be removed from the system..

Hope this answers your query

Whn you attempt to remove entries are you getting an error message?
If table corruption is detected you usually get a message of the sort:
Error Encounterrred cant complete request

I have tried blanking out all the fields and saving the result. The system reports a sucessful update in the status bar but when you display the table again the entries are still there. I get no error messages.

I will look at the ARS partition table.

Chris

I AGREE WITH WILSONTEC. YES IT IS THE PARTITIONS. THAT MEANS THE SAME STRING ENTRY IS ASSIGNED ROUT PATERN AT ANOTHER PARTITION group NUMBER...
eg.
ch ars ana 3
which is dialstring 3 partition 1 by default.
if string 3 assigned in partition 2 you will see it by:
ch ars ana 3 part 2.
in another words you must go check all partition groupes for the same number (but be carfull you might need them for diff cor routing!)
you should go like this:
ch ars an x part 1
delete all fields
save
ch ars ana x part 2
delet all fields
save
cha ars ana x pa 3
and so on.
u might see it cleared while increasing number of partitions u don't have to continue u r done :)
good luck

If the ars ana table points to a P1 as the route, then you are using partition tables not traditional routes. You can the do a disp partition {x} x being the number it showed in the ars route. Then display the partition route table to find the route it uses.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back