Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arrrg! please help, looking up data in excel to send a file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2009
GB
hi all, i would be sooo grateful if anyone can help.
we have a system that generates reports into a folder on the network in pdf format eg AM00001 Bob Test.pdf, we have an excel file that has a code column which relates to this file name which would be 00001 as above. The next column in the spreadsheet has one of twelve combinations eg: affn, affr these represent the name of the folder where the reports are stored, we then have the persons name, email add, a true or false column (whether to send the report or not) then cc email addresses.
I need to look up this data, then point to the folder and email out the report, any advice??

many thanks

How is this related to MYSQL? MYSQL is a Database, unrelated to Microsoft's access, or SQL database server.

And even more so to Microsoft's excel.

Perhaps asking in the forum68 may be more adequate.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

opps sorry, i forgot a bit here, i am using netbotmail to send the emails it uses the jet database engine and can pass sql db queries through an excel file

my bad

what a friendly bunch, ok so maybe i posted it in the wrong bit, apologies!!!
thought that this was a help forum

It's not about being friendly or not.
It's about our ability to help you.
You wouldn't take your car to be serviced at a bakery and you wouldn't be surprised if the baker couldn't help you if you did.
We are all here to help but clearly you'll get the best results if you post in the most relevant forum.

And actually, when you get to know us, the vast majority of us are *very* friendly and will probably help you more than you could imagine.

Trojan.

As Trojan so aptly comments its not that we don't want to help, its that we have no idea what you are talking about. We can't help you if the question makes no inherent sense to us because it has no relation to the current topic of the forum.

Juts like a baker would not understand if you where to tell him that your spark plug has a short, we are having a hard time grasping how your excel spreadsheet has anything to do with MYSQL database server.

A Jet database engine is a Microsoft construct, so perhaps asking in the Microsoft SQL server forum or even the Office forum may be more adequate.

MYSQL has nothing to do with Microsoft SQL server or its by products or abilities.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back