Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arris modem connectivity w/ Linksys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottge

Technical User
May 2, 2005
US
I recently switched over to Comcast cable Internet service, and am having connectivity issues with accessing the Internet through my Linksys BEFSR41v3 router. I have followed some steps in other forums regarding setting the clone MAC address setting in the router, and have gotten the router to receive an external IP address. The MAC address is cloned from the first PC that is connected to the router. However, when I attempt to establish an Internet connection through the router, I cannot. I have power cycled both the Arris TM402P/110 modem and Linksys router, but still cannot connect to the Internet. As I stated, the router is receiving a valid external IP address from the modem, but will not allow me to connect to the Internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you plug a computer directly into the cable modem does it work?
What did you have for service before? DSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back