Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arrays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2000
US
Hello,
Here is what I am trying to do.

We have some forms that our developers use we they write new programs. For one part they enter all the file names they have changed or created into a text field. What I want to do is take all the file names they have entered and process them. I can not find a way of grabbing that field on the form creating an array or list of some sort and proccess each file. I have tried lotus script and @commands and run into dead ends both ways. And from what I can tell it is not easy to mix the two.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

In the posting you mention -

"What I want to do is take all the file names they have entered and process them. "

I wouild need more info to answer your question. When you say process them, what are you trying to do specifically?

I want to be able to run the filenames through a Forall statement in order to create url links. I can do this if there is only one filename in the field. But most of the time there will be more then one filename.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back