Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

arrays in formulas in groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

addy80

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
SG
I am having this problem with CR. Could you kindly take a sec to help me?
I have a report which is subdivided into groups. each grp is then divided into a dynamic number of groups. let's call the grp higher in hierarchy gp1. i have a formula which populates an array in the gp1 header. So, each grp1 will have their own array. take for eg the array in the first gp1 has elements 1,2,4 filled up and the rest of the elements are all zero.then the second grp1 is filled letsay element 1,2,3. when both groups are displayed the array seems to be overwritten in the 2nd grp. the array did not seem to be reset at the beginning of the group. when i add in an initialisation at the start of the array filling formula, then the results are weird too. tyhe first grp displays all zeros in the array, the 2nd array is correct. and if i have more than 2 groups of grp1, then all the odd grp1 will be all zero and the even grp1 s will have the correct results. can u pls give an insight into this anomaly? your help will be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back