Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArrayGUIde -or- Navisphere v3.x-4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

danamburgey

Vendor
Feb 1, 2003
US
Anyone have -or- know where I can download (get a copy) of the CLARiiON ArrayGUIde software, or perhaps...

Navisphere Agent & CLI v3.x - v4.x
Navisphere Manager v3.x - v4.x

EMC no longer supports/distributes these software, and they no longer require licenses.

If anyone has the installation media, please let me know.

If you or any of your clients have an EMC contract for the Clariions, you can call support and request a copy of the Navi software. It's supplied free of charge to contract customers.

Besides the Arrayguide software, it is possible to configure through the console using a null modem cable with 8 bits, even parity, 1 stop bit at speed 9600. They refer to this software on the device as gridmgr, and have documentation on how to use it on emc's support site.

Again this is on the older models, the clariion at least. I had this same problem looking for the software, but came across this solution which was perfect cause I only needed to configure things to get them up and running.

Justatip is correct. The C0150 thru C3xxx series allowed a serial connection and the ability to use an embedded program to configure the Clariion via a dumb terminal or hyperterm. Newer FC series Clariions require Navisphere. The serial connection on the newer series only works to the point where the Boot Rom passes control to the Flare op sys. After that, Navisphere is needed to configure the drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back