Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Array of Movieclips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivaelydoc

Technical User
Jul 4, 2007
I want to create an array of MC, about 10 of them, and have buttons that go Next and Prev. Then have them appear in the stage at a specified location, but only the array that is click on, that way all 10 arrays aren't showing up at once. From there, I want to be able to click on the duplicated MC and get the "focus" or whatever the word is so that I can apply transformations via the keyboard (see FLA for example). The FLA has a couple errors which I can't figure out, depth and removing MC. I'll work on the printing, saving and loading later.

So, what would I have to learn to do all that?
I don't mind if someone posts exact AS or a link explaining how.

I have a book, but it's very basic and none of the tutorials, at least that I found, taught any of this, besides what I already know.

Well, one, I figured that I could use this code:

var myclips=new Array("bob","left","eat","cheese","water");

for (i=0;i<myclips.length;i++)
{
t=this[myclips];
t.onPress=function()
{
_root.sel=this;
}
}

to create a array of MC, but I haven't figured out how to properly call them on stage and go Next/Prev.

The second problem is "focusing" on a duplicated MC via On Press of the mouse. I don't even know where to begin to look up that code. I'm trying to get my flash, once a MC is selected, then the keyboard setting would apply.

Last, is duplicated MC's from the arrays. I'm going to make 20 some odd arrays, with 100's of MC in each, but I don't know how to duplicate and drag/drop the duplicated MC's. I tried to in that attachment above, but I really messed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back