Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Array Fetch Size Values with Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
GB
Hello - can anyone give me some advice over the optimum Array Fetch Size value for an Oracle connection in Business Objects? We're running BO 5.1 INTL with Oracle 8 and have been using an Array Fetch Size of 20, the default value. However, I've been told that the speed of Report refreshing can be increased substantially by increasing this value. Has anyone got any experience of changing this?

Thanks for your help...

I can't give you a "magic" number but I can pass on some information which came out of a session at the UK User Conference on tuning.

Firstly, optimising the array fetch size is the single most effective way of increasing performance.

Secondly, it is very dependant on you network infrastructure. If you have all your clients on a fast network then you can benefit from a bigger AFS. However, too bigger AFS could result in miscommunication with the server and comms errors. It is a bit easier with Webi because you only have to worry about providing a fast, highband width connection between the Webi and Data server.

There are so many variables that it will probably down to trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back