Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARN Bay RS router default config change

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryHouse

Vendor
Oct 7, 2005
US
Does anyone know how to change the default config that the old ARN routers boot from?
It uses the file called "config" however we want it to use another file that we have saved successfully.
"blahblahblah.cfg"

I can manually boot to the config, and it is currently the running config and working properly, however, I am not sure how to get it to boot from here by default upon a reboot of the router.
I have Site Mangler, BCC, TI access etc.
Your help is appreciated in advance :)
Thanks, HH

The default filename it will read is always "config". I don't believe there is any way to change this.

If you want to save the old config file, copy it to another filename (copy 1:config 1:backup.cfg), then either copy the new config file to the filename "config" (copy 1:newcfg.cfg 1:config).

Or, if everything is the way you want it (or if you've made any changes to the configuration and want to save it as the default), then just save the current configuration to the file "config" (save config 1:config).

...or if you are using Site Mangler (ha!), then just save the configuration with the filename "config".

Curtismo,
It has been awhile...however, this unfortunate news that you have re-unveiled for me is coming back. Thanks very much for the info..I will indeed just save it as such.

It baffles the mind somewhat that the "config" file doesnt need the .cfg extension but any other file that you name does.
oh well! I shall not spend much more time lamenting about the old Bay RS system.. :)
Thanks again curtismo!
-HH

Unfortunate BayRS filesystem?

As opposed to old Ciscos with only startup-config?

At least with the ability to boot from an alternate file and keep the original I had an easy way to recover from remote screwups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back