Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARGUMENTS, COMMAND$

Status
Not open for further replies.

compcad

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
I am trying to understand how to go about passing arguments from one program to a second program i have been reading up on command$ and I just do not know how to get started. I know that the calling program has the code in it at this time (ex.) in program one I have two variables (arguments) that need to be passed (X AS String, Y AS String) to the second program and incerted into textboxs.

THANK YOU
STEPHEN MENTZER

compcad, have you read FAQ222-2244 item 15? You probably have by now so I just have to wonder why???...

I have an example previously posted in this forum and if you use that keyword search tab above I think you can eventually find it.

Good Luck

compcad
Concatenate the stings with a pipe symbol or a comma in your calling program. Then use Shell in your calling program, passing the string as an argument. Then use Command$ and Split in your called program.

vb5
You're right! Compcad has been directed to faq222-2244 at least 5 times, so it's fair to assume he has read it by now. I explained it's usage in thread222-694557 last October and in thread222-722705 last December. I guess he hasn't found any of our efforts valuable yet (or hasn't read as far as paragraph 15!)

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back