Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Argh... VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrchris

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
US
So disregarding the previous post, I'm still fighting with this dang vm pro box.

Very simple setup, added a module for the auto attendant and set it as the destination in the incoming call routes. Easy Peasy, at least I would think... No matter what I do, all I get is a "welcome to IP Office, please enter your extension number"

I can listen to the prompt, works fine, simple AA, start action>menu with 2 choices> transfer to ext. I've been dinking around with this for hours and followed about 10 different posts on doing this and nothing works.

you MUST have the ICR match exactly the spelling and capitalisation as the module

so if you module is called AA then your ICR should be VM:AA and not VM:aa

ACSS - SME

It is, and I've retyped it a dozen times... restarted the vmpro box multiple times.. I've no expert at these beasts but I've setup a few of them here and there and never had issues like this. Gonna drive me to drink..

Did you save/make live the module in VMPro? Are you sure the IPOffice is connected to the right VMPro? Go in the Manager and set a static IP address of the VM server instead of 255.255.255.255 Also like HSM mentioned point the incomming call route to VM:<module name> but it needs to be an extact match. so if the module is named MainMenu the incomming call route goes to VM:MainMenu including the VM:

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Well you might want to post a print of the ICR, etc. for another pair of eyes to see. They may catch something you haven't.

....JIM....

FWIW its an older SOE version of IP Office. vmpro box blew up and just loaded their existing software back up on a new box. IP address is set to the right IP, and its working on some levels. I can record greetings for each extension, leave and check messages etc.

But nothing in the modules, start points, etc works at all. I'll get a print out when I return there tomorrow. Gave up for the night.

Try add/remove programs on the VMPro server then repair VMPro.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Are you sure that your module edits have been made on-line?

Look in the LH bottom of teh VMPro client status bar. What does it say there?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Sounds like a vmpro config fault.
No need to reinstall.
Or did you RDP in to the machine?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Haven't gone back up there yet... No rdp to the pc, local login..

But there isn't anything that says online or offline

Go to the left top.
There is says:

Voicemail-Pro-Client offline or online

BAZINGA!

Didn't say that in really old versions did it? Or maybe it did and I never paid any attention.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS SME Communications
ACE Implement: IP Office
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Kyle, you are right.
It is not there in 3.2

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back