Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Area Code 289

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupekish

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
CA
Hi group, I have an area code 289 that in now local to my ES.I currently have area code 905 and 416 that are local to my switch. Both 905 and 416 are in my IOC assignment. All area code assigned in the NPCO table are 10 digits long.If I tried to dial a local number in the 289 area code the display on the MLDT splits and dials out after 7 digits. The 1+289 dialing works fine. If I increase the EDL in the NPCO table from 10 to 13 digits for 289, the local works fine, but the 1+289 is still waiting for an extra 3 digits (13 in NPCO). Also I cannot assign/add this area code in IOC. The IOC is olny looking for N0/1x area code. Thank in advance for any help.

Best Regards
Rupert

Your new AC 289 should be the same in the NPCO table as the others. Check the AARLC table and the ARSC table. If your other AC's are 10 digit local dialing, the most likely place will be the AARLC. So "DIS AARLC" to see how the others are set up and assign 289 the same way. If they are not in the AARLC then it should be in the ARSC table. Good Luck

Hi kc8rlp, thank you for your response. Before I go any further I must let you know that I am a Fujitsu F9600 trained tech,not a Technical User as listed in my profile. I got my training in AZ 1990 and 98. Now back to my delima. I displayed the AARLC, there are no assignment .All my AC are in the ARS. ALL AC's are 10 digits. If I dial any AC without the 1+AC the call stops at 7 digits. So somewhere in my database it is saying that my EDL for local dialing is 7 digits. If I display my DP (DIS DP) my local two area codes are there.(905 and 416). I cannot enter this 289 AC in my IOC, because it is NXX and not N0/1X. Increasing the EDL in my NPCO from 10 to 13 digits get the local 289 working fine ,but now my 1+289 is looking for an extra three digits. If I add any three digits to make my EDL 13,then the calls go out.
I looked at the Feature IMP and so far no luck. I will look at the SVC data.

Best Regards
Rupert

Rupert, I did not catch the difference in the area codes the first time. My next question is, what is the release level of your system. If it is an earlier release or maybe does not have the right patch. Any area code that has anything other than 0 or 1 would be invalid. Don't quote me but I think release 11 or 12 and below would be unable to program those AC's. You may need to upgrade your PBX to a higher release.

Jon

Hi Jon, Thank you for your reply. I think you are correct. My release is below 11 and from the begining I knew that this release was not accepting the NXX. It only wants the N0/1X.I will contact my friends at Koss and see if I can get a patch to fix this problem. I will let you know how it turns out.

Best Regards
Rupert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back