Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are Word Automacros just a hangover from Word Basic??

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingman

Programmer
Jun 17, 2002
AU
I am looking after a large number of corporate templates that were created quite a few years ago. All of these templates have the AutoNew macro and are coded mainly in Word Basic. During the conversion to Word 2000 some quick fixes were applied and things were left at that. Although VBA is still compatible with Word Basic I am afraid that things like AutoMacros will become obsolete in the future (e.g., With introduction of .NET). Should I get rid of AutoNew and replace it with code within the Document_New event of the ThisDocument object or am I panicking unnecessarily? Any advice would be greately appreciated.

No need for panic I would think. I suspect that MS will support WordBasic and VBA for some time to come.

Your best bet would be to update them as and when it is convenient, rather than making it a matter of urgency.

A.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back