Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are we a better forum than IIS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherJack

Programmer
Aug 29, 2000
GB
I tried posting this question on the IIS forum but have failed to get any responses - are they less helpful or less talented than the people who use this one ? never mind , here's the question that foxed them !!
"Our company has an intranet running on IIS4. I need to get statistics from the server regarding most popular pages etc. I have tried to ste the logging to ODBC and created an ODBC DSN for the file. The system has created an access mdb but it is empty.
How should i proceed? I do not want to go through the grief of writing a VB app to open the logfiles and import them into Access."

I hope to link an Access database to the ODBC log.
anyone been there and able to offer some advice ?

[sig][/sig]

Rather than use Access, we use WebTrends Log Analyzer to generate such a report. It's very customizable and reads most logs files.

Have you considered that product?

Mary :) [sig][/sig]

Telsa, thanks for the recommendation, I have never heard of the product - where,who,how much ?
J [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back