Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are two print settings versions possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMKelly

Programmer
Jan 23, 2002
US
I have Adobe 6.0 and want to set up printing a set of reports from Access to PDF. It currently takes about an hour of constantly having to check and see if it is time to run the next report doing them individually. I want it automated.

Code:
Set Application.Printer = Application.Printers("Adobe PDF")

I would like to use code that sets the application printer to Adobe, and works fine, except that my Adobe settings have it asking me for a name and location and then opens the file. I know I can change that, but most of the time I want it to ask me for that information. I don't want to go looking for the file after I print to it.

Is there any way to have two versions of the Adobe "printer" in my Printer's section. One that would have settings for this project, and the other I would use for everything else. I seem to recall with a previous version that I had separate versions for regular Adobe PDF and Distiller. Is there anyway in 6.0 to have these separate versions. The only other option is somehow coding in the changes on the fly, but I have been unsuccessful at finding any information on doing that either.

You can edit the distiller on a per program basis.
If you open acro pro and go to:
edit/ preferences/ convert to PDF
You should see a list of programs, and you can adjust each of the printing preferences as you like. I dont know if it will have the options you are looking for, but you can change alot of settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back