Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are there any Scripting Guru's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goff

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
GB
HELP!!!

I've recently taken over a partially complete PageMaker scripting assignment. I have got to grips with the scripting fairly well, however i am having a few problems that i cannot resolve even after reading ALL of the literature available on the web.

One main query i have is if i can use the text entered in a user ialogue screen featuring in the reference to a file name. E.G. The automated PageMaker system i'm making asks the user to input model details, i have this bit working and it stores the info into several variables. What i want to do is use the variable 'Model Number' in a command line reference.

My code looks like this:

message "Please select the picture to insert"
dir = "c:\geoff\ModelRange"
opendialog dir,"*.psd", "*.psd" >> BNSFrontPagePic

What i want to do is get the script to take the value of the (elsewhere defined) 'ModelNo' variable and insert it at the end of the directory name ast the 3rd level folder. So that if the variable 'ModelNo' was '1234' the code would read:

message "Please select the picture to insert"
dir = "c:\geoff\ModelRange\1234"
opendialog dir,"*.psd", "*.psd" >> BNSFrontPagePic

Is this possible?????

Another problem that i'm experiencing is when i import a from an .xls file format the text with the script it seems to crop the story, thus loosing ,uch of the data.

The code for this secton looks like this:

message "Please select the relevant Data File"
dir = "c:\geoff\master\briggs~1"
opendialog dir,"*.xls", "*.xls" >> BNSData
import BNSData
place 0,0
select 0,0
textedit
textselect all
font "Arial"
size 6
case allcaps
alignment left
select 0,0
GetSelectList >> ...,...,...,BNSAlternatorDataX1,...,BNSAlternatorDataX2,...
BNSAlternatorDataQuarterWidth = (BNSAlternatorDataX2 - BNSAlternatorDataX1) / 4
Move center BNSAlternatorDataQuarterWidth,0
Move bottom 270

Is there any sort of 'No Cropping' feature that i can set up on the story to ensure all the data is visible.

I WOULD GREATLY APPRICIATE ANY HELP IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME AT ALL.

Thank's for reading - looking forward to seeing if anyone can help me! ;)

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back