Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

are there any "Dial-up" wireless ac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohann

Technical User
May 12, 2002
US
are there any "Dial-up" wireless access points? Don't have access to DSL/Cable John Farrow
Cloudcroft, New Mexico

wireless hotspots and Dial ups connect you to a ppp server. They are just two means of connectivity. You cant access one through the other. Wireless guru

Maybe I wasn't clear in my post. If you have a ISP thru DSL/Cable, then you can connect that internet connection to a wireless access point which can feed computers that have wireless NIC's.

My question was, are there any WAP's that can connect to an ISP thru dialup rather than DSL/Cable. John Farrow
Cloudcroft, New Mexico

Thanks,
This airport extreme looks real enticing. Now I Gotta find out if my ISP supports it. John Farrow
Cloudcroft, New Mexico

Ya know.. you could just set a computer up for Internet Connection Sharing, and connect the access point to the computer... which then the rest of the computers feed off the access point.

One of our customers has a LAN that is fed that way...

that probably is the best way to go. but instead of useing an external AP get a PCI AP and PCI NIC in the client pc. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

can anyone help me with some wireless questions, getting set up with it and whats good?

it really depends how your network is used. home use, office ect.

what do you have now? and what questions do you have? "Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back