Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are there any problems with Powerbuilder 7.02 in Windows 2000 env? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Has anyone encountered any issues/problems when running Powerbuilder 7.02 applications in a Windows 2000 environment?

Dear, though I havn't used PB7 but I have encountered some problem with PB6.5 and windows2000. We are having some reports in our application which prints in generic text format. On running the appl. in win98, the ouput is perfectly o.k but when the same appln. is run on windows2000, the ouput gets distorted. It becomes condensed in both vertical and horizontal. I could not find the answer. I have lodged the problem to Microsoft and hoping to get some reply. If u have something more to add pl. feel free to reply.

Hi,

I have just seem this post, and was wondering how you got on with this? I am migrating 6.5 apps to Windows 2000, and have problems with some of the colours and displays being a bit screwy.

TIA,

Gerard

PB 7.0.3 is the only version certified for use on Win2000. You will want the 10047 January 10,2001 build (or later if there is one).

There is also a useful migration tool for PB6 to PB7 available from the Sybase downloads web site.

sbacharjee : If you are experience printing issues with Win2000, you may need to tweak your printer driver. HP, for example, included some special instructions for my printer driver and Win2000 to eliminate exactly what you have described.

I have one query , i would like to know if Powerbuilder 7.0.1 software and deployment kit works fine with windows 2000 or no? if no then which are the sites where i can
get the patches to update my software and dlls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back