Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

are there any line or cross-hacth patterns in photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calidris2

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
US
I want to fill polygons on a map with horizontal and diagonal lines. The pattern options don't include simple lines, dots, or other typical, more 'academic', styles. Are these plug-ins or have I just not found them? Thanks!

Edit-->Present Manager-->Choose Patterns as the "Present Type".

Click the "Load" button and navigate to your "Patterns" directory if you're not there. Load all the patterns you see. Not all are installed by default. The same goes for brushes, styles, etc......

Also, check out
They have tons of free stuff for photoshop. Just do a search for what you're looking for. ====================================
I love people. They taste just like
chicken!

Don't be afraid to make your own pattern fills. Open up a small new document and make a grid, or set of lines, or what have you. To make sure it tiles properly, use the offset filter and make it offset halfway in both directions, making sure to wrap the edges.

Additional (hit enter too fast)...

After you're happy with your pattern, select all and go to Edit>Define Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back